Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A break in training and Mountain bound

This week I have been putting some time on the bike [More then usual]. I try and ride with one of my friends (George, for everyone who does not know George think of European, ex-pro fast) at least once a week possibly twice a week. A lot of our rides consist of attack after attack, fast tempo, and constant learning. George has helped me with my training in regards of becoming an overall better rider.

A couple of weeks ago I went on George's Time-trial ride which is a loop from Loveland, Co through Eden Valley, Masonville, and back to Loveland. It is LT from the gun. What is unique about the ride is that there is climbing, false flats, flats, etc. It has everything. Our average was 28.5 mph. For me this is good. I was extremely comfortable on the bike. I felt like majority of my power was actually transfered trough my pedal strokes.

The past two weeks I have tried to be consistent with my training, which is hard since I work full time at Breakaway cycles, loveland, Co. In the past I have started strong early season and became to fast, to strong, to quickly. In a sense a shock to my system leading to the self-distruction of my immune system as well as my hard work[training]. And because of this I have decided to build in relax time into my already overwhelming schedule.

This past Tuesday, I drove up near Cameron Pass, Colorado. I stopped near Poudre Falls. Water to me is like a drug. It is an instant tension releaser. I walked around the falls, took some pictures, admired the incredible power and destructive force the falls have and just relaxed.

Here are some of my pictures: Better seen in person.
Me near the falls:
The leaves changing: Fall already!!!some more views:This weeked coming I will be racing my second cyclocross race of the year. It is #1 of the Boulder series in Boulder, CO. Should be a good race. Larger fields, more traditional cross layout, etc. For now enjoy.

J.

No comments: