Saturday, September 27, 2008

Boulder Series #1

So I drove down to Boulder this morning to race the first of four races in the boulder series. I get there a little early to watch some of the other races and see how the course is. The course was fast with a couple of barriers and a large sand pit.

I tried warming up but wasn't feeling good. My legs wouldn't loosen and my whole body had this dull ache feeling. I figured that I was going to race anyways in hopes that it would just go away. We all lined up waiting to be placed for the start. I got a call up for the first row. Not to bad for only racing one race so far this season. Unfortunately I was on the inside of the front line. The start was fast and hit a hard right which bottle-necked immediately right into me. I got pinched by two riders which meant everyone on the outside came around. The second turn I was sitting around 10th when two guys went down in front of me, and again people went around. I fought back and was sitting around 18th on about the second or third lap when I dismounted for one of the barriers and almost instantly had my calf cramp. I shortly after (about 35ft later) pulled myself from the race. I got to sit there in frustration watching the race go on.

It just wasn't my day. I am going to take some time off the bike this week and try to become healthier before heading up to Frisco, CO to race the first of the Frisco series.

For now.

J.

No comments: