Monday, October 1, 2007

This past weekend (10/29 - 10/30)


Finally, a race close to home. In Wyoming this weekend, Saturday was fairly good weather. The short track course was a hard packed trail that started on a flat fire road going into a big-ring climb followed by a fast downhill. I led the race for the first 10 minutes (falling short due to sickness) I ended up taking fifth.

Sunday, couldn't be more different from Saturday. We arrive in the morning to find temps of 31 degrees, snow, and wind of 35-40mph. Not the most amazing race weather. With the race being pushed back half-an-hour I sat in the car debating whether to race or not. In the end I ended up racing. I finished 4th after wrecking early, playing catch-up, stopping to help a teammate, and on the final lap after catching the leaders I get taken out by a small sapling. With the race being close to home and ending early I was able to make my way up to Estes Park, CO with Amanda Miller. Amanda Miller (originally from Iowa, and fellow teammate) wanted to see amazing views so we planned on going over Trail Ridge Road, which was closed due to snow, so we just found the next best thing (Views of Longs).

No comments: